Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
No property can be immune to water damages. Water damages can occur through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the emotional and financial toil that water damages can take on you and your family. To decrease your home’s water damage, contact the professionals immediately. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll assess and repair the problem, no matter the amount of water damage. However, there are ways to avoid the expense of water damages. Knowing how to protect your house from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
How Water Damage Happens
How can you avoid water damages? Prevention. Because of this, you need to be on the lookout for signs of water damage in your house. This means finding the time to inspect home appliances that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water damage in the home:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. To dodge pricey repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims, preventive action is key. Try the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Burst or leaking pipes can cause serious damages to your house. Call Paul! at (763) 308-5051 if you have significant water damages in your home. Our experts will get you in contact with your local Paul Davis expert. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, there’s no water damage too serious for Paul Davis to tackle.