The Dangers of Water Damage
With a large home to maintain and clean, checking for water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to find unforeseen water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. Has your home experienced water damage? Call the professionals immediately. Your local Paul Davis professionals will be able to evaluate and repair any water damage. But there are things you can do around the house to prevent costly water damage repairs. All homeowners need be aware of the signs of water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
What Causes Water Damage
Every family has appliances that are necessary for our day-to-day life. But a malfunctioning appliance can often cause more harm than good. Any appliance, whether it’s a washing machine, dishwasher, faucets or bathtub, most of these appliances can cause major problems by leaking. Paul Davis’ professionals can mend any leaks and repair water damage that occurs in your home. Rely on Paul Davis to fix water damage from the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
Are you concerned about your home receiving water damages? There are precautionary steps that you can take. You can never be too cautious. You can do the following to stop water damage from ruining your home:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Burst or leaking pipes can bring significant damages to your home. Call Paul! at (763) 308-5051 if you have significant water damages on your hands. Our professionals will connect you with an expert in your area. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle any water emergency you have for us.