Water Damage Can Happen in Any Home
Water damage can be extremely hard to detect by the untrained eye. Luckily for property owners, the professionals from Paul Davis have been well-trained in water damage. Our experienced professionals have repair water damage at every level of severity at extremely reasonable rates. Has your property sustained unforeseen water damage? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. However, every property owner should have the skill of detecting water damage. It’s important to understand how to take preemptive steps in order to evade water damage. The key to water damage restoration is prevention.
What Causes Water Damage
Your home sustains water damage when extra water accumulates in places where it shouldn’t. The experts from Paul Davis are always ready to come to your house to analyze water damage. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage altogether, you‘ll be able to live in your house for years to come. Both outside elements and appliances from inside your house can cause water damage. No matter how water damage occurs, it’s important to be careful. If you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
Are you worried about your house receiving water damages? There are preemptive actions that you can take. You can never be too careful. Take the following steps to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Burst or leaking pipes can cause significant damages to your house. If you need water damage restoration services, call Paul Davis at (763) 308-5051. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your house as soon as they can. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to take care of any water emergency you have for us.