No House is Immune to Water Damage
When you’re so busy cleaning and taking care of your home, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Call the professionals immediately if this happens to you. The professionals from Paul Davis will be able to evaluate and restore any water damage they find in your home. But there are preemptive steps that any homeowner can take to avoid expensive water damage repairs. It’s important be aware of the signs of water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
What Causes Water Damage
What’s the best way to avoid water damages? Prevention. Because of this, you need to look for signs of water damage. This means finding the time to examine the parts of the home that use water. You can never be too cautious. Here are a few causes of water damage:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Water Damage Prevention
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property when you know that you could have prevented it. There are ways to prevent this. To avoid water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Burst or leaking pipes can cause significant damages to your home. If you need water damage restoration services, call Paul Davis at (763) 308-5051. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your home as soon as they can. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle any water emergency you have for us.