How Harmful Can Water Damages Be?
Water damage can occur in any home, no matter the location or climate. Water damages can occur through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. Water damages on your home can take take a severe toil on you and your family. At Paul Davis, we understand. Call the professionals immediately to decrease the amount of water damage your home will undergo. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will analyze and fix the problem, no matter the size of water damage. However, there are ways to avoid the cost of water damages. Knowing how to protect your house from water damages is a skill every homeowner should learn.
What Causes Water Damage
Prevention is the most productive method to beat water damage. That’s why it’s imperative to search your home for the signs of water damage. This might require taking the time to examine the parts of the home that use water. You can never be too cautious. Here’s what can cause water damage in the home:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
It isn’t uncommon for homeowners to find water damage on their property when it’s too late. In most cases, it could have been prevented. You can stop this from happening. To prevent water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
If your house experienced water damages, don’t wait. Waiting only makes the damages worse. For efficient water damage repair services, reach out to Paul Davis today at (763) 308-5051. Your local Paul Davis technicians will arrive at your house as soon as they can. No matter how extensive the damages, Paul Davis can handle it.