Can Water Damage Be Harmful?
Water damage can occur in any home or business, despite the climate or location. Your property can receive water damages through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family. Call the professionals as soon as possible to decrease your home’s water damage. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will assess and fix the problem, no matter the size of water damage. However, you can avoid the cost of water damages. Every homeowner needs to know how to protect their building from water damages.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
The key to water damage repairs is prevention. That’s why it’s important to search your home for the signs of water damage. This might require taking the time to inspect home appliances that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water damage in the home:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Prevention
The most efficient way to repair water damage is to take action. To avoid costly repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims, preventive action is key. To prevent water damage, consider the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Burst or leaking pipes can cause serious damages to your home. Call Paul! at (763) 308-5051 if you have significant water damages on your hands. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your home as soon as they can. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, there’s no emergency too big for Paul Davis to handle.