The Dangers of Water Damage
Unless you know exactly what to look for, water damage can be hard to detect by the untrained eye. If you’re a homeowner looking for professionals that are well-trained in water damage, rely on Paul Davis. Our experienced professionals have restored water damage at every level of severity at extremely reasonable rates. Does your house have unforeseen water damage? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. However, every homeowner should be able to detect water damage. There are preemptive steps you can take to avoid water damage in your home. The key to water damage restoration is prevention.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
Chances are, there‘s an appliance or two in your home that you need for day-to-day life. But a malfunctioning appliance usually causes more harm than good. Any appliance, whether it’s a washing machine, dishwasher, faucets or toilet, most of these appliances can flood and cause major issues. The professionals from Paul Davis can mend any leaks and repair water damage that occurs in your home. Count on Paul Davis to fix water damage from the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
How to Stop Water Damage from Occurring
If you’re worried about your home receiving water damages, there are a few precautionary steps that you can take. You can never be too cautious. Take the following steps to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Your home can experience significant damages from a burst or leaking pipe. If you need water damage restoration services, call Paul Davis at (763) 308-5051. Our professionals will get you in contact with your local Paul Davis expert. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to tackle any water emergency you have for us.