The Harm of Water Damage
You’ve got a lot on your plate. Thinking about water damage probably isn’t on the forefront of your mind. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to find unexpected water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. If this happens to you, it’s important to call the professionals immediately. The professionals from Paul Davis will be able to evaluate and restore any water damage they discover in your home. But there are preemptive actions that any homeowner can take to prevent expensive water damage repairs. It’s important to know how to look for water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
How Does Water Damage Happen?
We all have appliances that we rely on. But a malfunctioning appliance usually causes more harm than good. Whether it’s your washing machine, dishwasher, faucets or toilet, any of these appliances can leak and cause major issues. In the case of an emergency, the professionals from Paul Davis will arrive on the scene to mend any leaks and efficiently repair water damage. Count on Paul Davis to fix water damage from the following:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Water Damage Prevention
Don’t wait for water damage to occur– take action. To avoid pricey repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims, preventive action is key. Consider the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. You can take preemptive actions to prevent water damages. Unfortunately, it could be too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis (763) 308-5051. We’ve taken care of water damages in houses for years. Let us help you.