How to Clean Up Fire Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as detrimental. The smell of smoke can overwhelm your home and possessions and your walls can be stained by soot. Fires can have disastrous effects on both to your family and your home.
When your precious possessions are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are ready to help. Every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
Clean Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning so smoke won’t spread.
- To fan out smokey air, position large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of fire remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. Our smoke remediation services will get your building back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality using productive equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.