Repairing Fire Damage
Everyone knows how destructive fire can be in a building. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. The smell of smoke can overtake your home and possessions and walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Fires can damage both to your family and your house.
When your precious keepsakes are damaged, it can be disheartening. Paul Davis understands. That’s why as fire restoration experts, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
You Can Repair Fire Damage
Your house can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your HVAC system.
- To push out smoke, position large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your house that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. The technicians from Paul Davis a variety of smoke remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your house recently undergone smoke and soot damage? Turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. Our smoke repair services will get you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in effective smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage removal costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.